As much as I would love to, I cannot take full credit for this creation. I was talking with a fellow fitness foodie and she mentioned how she makes a sweet potato, raisin, cinnamon combo…I thought that sounded like pancake perfection!
I was right!!
The raisins add the perfect texture. A nice little chewy component with some added sweetness!
That syrup drip though…
I just cannot eat pancakes without syrup! Although these are sweet enough that you could probably eat them plain.
I think some peanut butter or cream cheese would also be great on top!
They are gluten free, grain free, no sugar added, and full of protein.
You got sweet potato…you got raisins…you can basically get in your fruits and veggies before lunch!
Caramel, Vanilla, Cinnamon, or even Peanut Butter flavored protein would work great for these!
The entire batch comes in at 320 calories
2F 44C 29P
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey (30g)
- 1 cup chopped/steamed sweet potato (120g)
- 1/8 cup raisins (20g) (you can do more/less or leave them out)
- 3 T egg substitute (46g)
- 3 T unsweetened almond milk (46ml)
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- Peel, chop, steam, and mash sweet potato
- Mix protein, egg, milk, cinnamon, and baking powder (may need more or less milk to depending on protein used)
- Add raisins and sweet potato mash to batter
- Coat pan with nonstick spray and cook on low to medium heat
- Try with caramel, cinnamon, or even peanut butter flavored protein!