I absolutely love pancakes! You can eat them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! You can make them sweet or savory! You can top them with all sorts of things! And you can make them healthy, delicious, and full of protein!
These Sweet Potato Corn Cakes are the perfect combination of sweet and savory! They are gluten free, low fat, low carb, and packed full of protein! Also a great way to sneak in some veggies!!
Cook like regular pancakes!!
I like to make lots of little pancakes! I usually get 10-12.
Such a gorgeous stack!!
I top mine with some sugar free syrup. I love that sweet and salty combo!
Just look at all that texture!
These are super hearty and will keep you full for quite some time!
The entire stack comes in at 275 calories plus 34 grams of protein! Extremely low fat and pretty low carb for pancakes! No sugar, no flour, and still absolutely delicious!
Corn on the cob has nothing on these! Such a fun and tasty way to eat more veggies!
Entire stack – 275 calories
2F 32C 34P
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey (30g)
- 1/2 steamed/mashed sweet potato (100g)
- 1/4 cup canned corn (62g)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (92g)
- 1-2 T unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 t baking powder
- Peel, chop, steam, and mash sweet potato
- Mix protein, egg, milk, and baking powder (may need more or less milk to depending on protein used)
- Drain liquid from corn
- Add corn and sweet potato mash to batter
- Coat pan with nonstick spray and cook on medium heat
- Makes 10-12 small cakes