I personally have no problem getting enough veggies in my diet! I could snack on carrots, peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower all day long! I know a lot of people find it hard to always eat their veggies! I will admit, they aren’t always the most delicious tasting thing…Until now that is! One bite of these Vanilla Cauli Cakes, and you will be begging for more veggies!!
If I didn’t tell you the ingredients, you would have no idea there was two cups of cauliflower in these sweet, vanilla, cakes of goodness!!
These are so sweet and delicious that they honestly don’t need anything on them.
They also smell amazing! I will be the first to admit that cauliflower doesn’t exactly smell appetizing…but these just smell like vanilla goodness!
Even though they don’t need it, I love dipping these little guys in some sugar free syrup!
What can I say…I have a sweet tooth! I almost forget that I am eating veggies! Not only is this meal packed full of cauliflower goodness, they will also give you 33 grams of protein!
They are basically fat free and super low carb too!
Whether you make these sweet or savory, you no longer have an excuse for not eating your veggies!
- 2 cups steamed cauliflower (fresh or frozen) (200g)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey (30g)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (92g)
- 1/2 t baking powder
- *You can also use unflavored protein and add chopped veggies, seasonings, or shredded cheese*
- If using fresh cauliflower, chop and steam. If using frozen, just steam. Drain off any liquid.
- Puree steamed cauliflower and egg (start with 1/4 cup egg and add up to 1/2 cup)
- Stir in protein powder and baking powder.
- May need more/less liquid depending on protein powder used
- Coat skillet with nonstick spray and cook like pancakes on medium heat. I made 12-14 small cakes.
- Check edges and when golden brown, flip.
- Eat plain or dip in sugar free syrup! For savory ones, try dipping in ranch dressing!
- Works great with other flavors of whey too!! Cinnamon is one of my favorites!
14 Cauli Cakes – 200 calories
1F 13C 33P
*Do you usually prefer sweet or savory dishes?*