Pancakes are great anytime of the day and anytime of the year!
While this particular plate is a little Fall-ish, that doesn’t mean you can’t have Butternut Squash Pancakes in December, June, or August!
Butternut squash, protein powder, egg substitute, baking powder, cinnamon, and a splash of vanilla – That’s it!!
I use frozen squash puree for three reasons… It’s easy! It’s cheap! It’s available all year!
Feel free to use fresh squash. Just steam and puree it first.
Whether you eat them in a stack…
Or spread on a plate…
Just don’t forget the maple syrup!
These low carb, low fat, high protein. gluten free pancakes are a great way to eat your veggies!
Whole Stack – 218 calories
2F 25C 22P
- 1 cup butternut squash puree (I use frozen) (230g)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey (30g)
- 1 T egg substitute (15g)
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- sweetener if desired (1-2 packets)
- Cook the frozen squash according to package (I prefer to cook it on the stove top)
- If using fresh squash, just chop it up, steam, and puree
- Mix together all the ingredients
- Cook on medium to low heat
- Use nonstick spray and don’t flip too soon!!
- Feel free to use other flavors of protein! Vanilla, caramel, peanut butter, cinnamon...try adding some pecans or walnuts to the batter!