I know what you’re thinking!! More green food? Trust me! These are amazing! 100% approved by The Hulk and Popeye!
These Broccoli Cakes are so easy to make, super duper healthy, and taste fabulous!
If you want to go the savory route, you can add some chopped veggies, or any other spices you like!
The batter will be little thick, but just cook these like regular pancakes. If it seems way too thick, just add a little more egg. Protein powders all mix up differently so just make it the consistency you like.
Looks good to me! I love how thick they get!
Talk about a good for you meal! I know we all get hung up on using the term “healthy” but I am pretty sure no one would argue that something made with an entire bag of broccoli is quite healthy!
I got 10 cakes and you can have them all for only 230 calories! Very low fat, very low carb, and tons of protein! Of course they are very customizable too! Add more egg and protein, or less broccoli, or cheese and onion, make them sweet, or savory…You can really make them fit your needs!
I like to keep the batter simple, and add some shredded cheese on top! Try parmesan! Or mozzarella! They are also amazing with just a little spray butter and a dash of salt!
Try dipping them in a little fat free ranch dressing!
These are really filling and hearty too! Such a great way to get some more greens into your diet! I don’t know about you, but I would much rather eat a plate of these little guys rather than a bowl of boring broccoli!
These make a great breakfast, lunch, dinner, or anytime snack!
Oh, and if you’re feeling really crazy…you can follow this same recipe and use cauliflower instead of broccoli!!!! Yup, delicious too!
A great way to sneak some veggies in your breakfast!
Write a review
- 2 cups steamed broccoli (200g)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey (30g)
- 6 T egg substitute (92g)
- 1/2 t baking powder
- dash of salt
- any other seasonings, cheeses, or chopped veggies you may like!
- Steam and drain broccoli.
- Add egg and broccoli to blender and puree smooth. You may need a little addition egg depending on protein used.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Batter will be thick! Coat skillet with nonstick spray and cook like pancakes on medium to low heat.
- Test edges before flipping
- Eat plain or try topped with shredded cheese and a side of ranch dressing for dipping!
Kim Hoeltje http://www.kimhoeltje.com/
10 cakes (without cheese) – 230 calories