I am not a fan of chili. Kidney beans…meat…just not my thing…
But I love cornbread!
Especially sweet cornbread.
So good, you won’t even miss the chili.
I use vanilla protein to add a little sweetness and…well…some protein!
You can also try a cinnamon flavored protein or just add about 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the batter for more of a pumpkin spice muffin.
Some of my favorite toppings are cream cheese, peanut butter, jam, or…
Eat them right away or just pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds.
The recipe makes 4 muffins.
At only about 100 calories each, I have eaten them all on countless occasions.
Great breakfast or lunch on-the-go!
For all 4 muffins (plain):
425 calories 1F 77C 28P
- 1 scoop iheartmacros Vanilla Cream whey (25g)
- 1/2 cup cornbread mix (66g)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (120g)
- 2 T egg substitute (30g)
- 2 T unsweetened almond milk (30ml)
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- Mix all ingredients until smooth
- (May need more/less liquid if using a different protein)
- Pour batter into lined muffin pan
- Bake at 350 for 22 minutes
- *Try as a single serve loaf (adjust baking time accordingly
- Keep in mind that all protein powders bake differently. If using a different brand, you may need to make adjustments.