What’s better than five muffins for breakfast?
How about muffins topped with peanut butter for breakfast!
I nailed this Oat Bran Muffin recipe on the first try!
I do a lot of baking with coconut flour and oat flour, but recently I have been loving oat bran.
Oat bran has a ton of fiber and also packs a decent amount of protein. It also has more calcium, iron, thiamin, phosphorus, riboflavin, magnesium, and zinc than oatmeal. Oat bran will also absorb 25% it’s volume in liquid so it will keep you full and satisfied for a long time!
Enough mumbo jumbo…I mainly just love the flavor and texture it gives to these muffins!
My favorite protein to use in this recipe is MTS Cinnagraham.
It goes great with the pumpkin, oat bran, and cinnamon flavors.
I have also used MTS Vanilla, Peanut Butter Fluff, Caramel Sutra, and Pumpkin Pie in this recipe.
You can get all the MTS flavors from Tiger Fitness.Use code KIM to save 5% on all MTS products (must spend $49) They have so many flavors to choose from!!
Back to these muffins…
As I mentioned, they are even better topped with some peanut butter!!!
I use Crazy Richard’s Pure Peanut Butter which is a powdered peanut butter.
Try them topped with peanut butter, cream cheese, or butter!
Or just eat them plain. They are that good!
5 muffins – 260 calories
5F 25C 32P
- 1 scoop MTS Cinnagraham whey (30g)
- 1/8 cup oat bran (20g)
- 3 T egg substitute (46g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (60ml)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (120g)
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking powder
- sweetener if desired
- Mix all ingredients (may need more/less liquid if using a different protein powder)
- Pour batter in muffin pan (recommend silicon liners)
- Bake at 350 for 28-30 minutes
- Top with peanut butter, cream cheese, or eat plain!
- Try different flavors of protein powder!