What really makes a cupcake a cupcake?!
Pretty sure it’s just a muffin with frosting.
I used my Double Chocolate Muffin recipe for these beauties!
Just a couple minor changes and boom!
Chocolate Pretzel Cupcakes!!
They are great plain, but 10 times better with the little extras.
Call me crazy…
Call me lazy…
Call me “unhealthy”…
Call me what you want, but I love frosting from a jar!!
You all know it’s the best!!
You could use greek yogurt, cream cheese, or whip up some protein “frosting”… but since the base cupcake is pretty guilt free I figured What the Heck?!
Don’t forget a teeny tiny pretzel for the salty crunch factor!
If you love chocolate, which we all do…
You will love these!!
5 base cupcakes – 320 calories
10F 29C 35P
Try different flavors of protein powder
Nuts instead of chocolate chips
Leave out the chocolate chips
Top with fun or leave plain
- 1 scoop Chocolate Whey (30g)
- 4 T coconut flour (32g)
- 3 T egg substitute (46g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (120ml)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (56g)
- 1 T Wild Chocolate Powder
- 1/2 t baking powder
- sweetener to taste
- Chocolate chips
- Teeny tiny pretzels
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separate
- May need more/less liquid depending on protein used
- Stir in chocolate chips if you like
- Pour batter into muffin cups
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes
- Let cool
- Frost and add pretzels or eat plain!
- Experiment with different flavors of protein, add-ins, and toppings!!