Do you know the muffin lady, the muffin lady, the muffin lady? Do you know the muffin lady, she lives in Pittsburgh.
Ok, so not quite as catchy as the original version, but more fitting for me. I am loving me some muffins lately!! They are a perfect breakfast to take to work. I workout super early in the morning and either eat breakfast on the go, or once I am at work. Not only are muffins delicious, but there are tons of flavors you can make!
Today it is Carrot Cake Muffins.
Ingredients needed include:
Jamie Eason Vanilla Whey, carrots, canned white beans, egg substitute, fat free cream cheese, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and sweetener of choice.
You can also use cinnamon protein powder!
I used canned carrots because it is SO easy! Feel free to use fresh carrots – just chop them up and steam so they are super soft!
If using canned carrots, drain them first. You also want to drain and rinse your beans. You can use chickpeas, garbanzo, navy, great northern….
Puree the carrots, beans, egg, cream cheese, and vanilla. You might need to add a little extra liquid to blend everything smooth.
Stir in the remaining ingredients!
I am baking bite sized muffins, but you can absolutely make regular sized ones! Be sure to use liners or a lot of nonstick spray! Otherwise you will be saying some bad words when trying to remove them from the pan…
Pop them in the oven for about 22 minutes.
Stick a toothpick in the middle of one and if it comes out clean, they are done!
Now, you can eat these as is, and they are fabulous!
What is carrot cake without the cream cheese topping!? Mix together some fat free cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetener and spread that on top. I add a pecan to each one to make them extra yummy and pretty! You could do walnuts or make them nut free.
Now we’re talking!!
I cannot wait to have them for breakfast tomorrow at work!
Perfect way to start off the work week.
I plan on eating all 12 tomorrow morning! Low fat, low carb, and packed full of protein! Such a good way to eat your veggies too!
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 scoop Jamie Eason Vanilla Whey (30g)
- 1/2 cup carrots (canned or steamed) (120g)
- 1/4 cup canned white beans (65g)
- 2 T egg substitute (30g)
- 1 T fat free cream cheese (16g)
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking powder
- sweetener to taste (4 packets)
- optional – 4 T fat free cream cheese and pecans for topping
- For canned carrots – drain / For fresh carrots – chop and steam well
- Drain and rinse beans
- Puree carrots, beans, cream cheese, egg, and vanilla
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Use liners or coat muffin pan with nonstick spray
- Fill 3/4 way full
- Bake at 350 for 22 minutes (adjust time for regular sized muffins)
- Let cool
- Mix together cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetener to make frosting
- Top with cream cheese and pecans, or eat plain!
12 mini muffins without topping
2F 20C 28P
12 mini muffins with cream cheese topping (no nuts)
2F 24C 36P
**Muffins or pancakes?? Which do you prefer?