I have always wanted to make homemade chocolate! After just four failed attempts, I finally found the perfect combination to make this Sea Salt Almond Bark.
It really was easier than I thought. Not easier than going to the store and buying a chocolate bar off the shelf…but easier than a lot of things!
It took me a few tries to figure out exactly how much of each ingredient to use. There was a garbage can full of chocolate soup and a few not-so-nice words that came out of my mouth…but it ended in a combination of sweet and salty chocolate heaven!
This is a great way to make a low sugar or even sugar free chocolate treat! I have nothing against sugar, but it’s nice to have a healthier option. A chocolate bar a day keeps the doctor away!! Pretty sure it’s been proven that dark chocolate is good for you anyway…it’s basically a super food 🙂
Now that I got the chocolate part figured out, the flavor possibilities are endless. Add some sprinkles, crushed cookies, white chocolate drizzle, peanuts, peanut butter…I can’t wait to make more!
What would you add to make the perfect chocolate bar?
- 1 cup WildFoods Wild Chocolate Powder
- 1/2 cup unmelted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unmelted coconut butter
- 1 T sugar free maple syrup
- 16 Splenda packets (adjust to your taste)
- dash of sea salt
- Melt butter and oil on low heat
- Remove from heat and let cool a bit
- Stir in chocolate powder, syrup, sweetener, and sea salt
- Let sit to thicken (5-10 minutes)
- Pour onto parchment paper and spread thin
- Top with crushed almonds and an extra sprinkle of sea salt
- Refrigerate til set
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
- Feel free to use any kind of sweetener!
- Top with anything you like! Get creative!!