I finally got an Air Fryer!! I have been wanting one for a while. Thinking of all the fruits and veggies I could fry…Honestly, I haven’t been doing much fruit or veg at all…
I have been making bagels!
Bagels in an Air Fryer. Who knew?!?
I am literally obsessed.
I made this batch with whole wheat flour and plain nonfat greek yogurt, but you can get creative with the flavors.
I like to make 5 mini bagels but you could definitely make 2 or 3 bigger ones.
White flour works fine! Try different flavors of yogurt (must be greek)
I made a batch with Salted Caramel yogurt the other day.
They slice and toast just like regular bagels!
What will you shmear on top?
Classic cream cheese is probably my favorite.
A lot of cream cheese!
They are super soft with a slightly chewy crust. Crust?? Is that what you call the outside of a bagel? You know what I mean.
The whole wheat flour and secret ingredient make for the perfect taste and texture.
It’s not really much of a secret…it’s pumpkin!
I got a VonShef Air Fryer and I have zero complaints.
It’s pretty much dummy proof and I especially love how easy it is to clean. The fryer basket pops right out with the push of a button!
You can get one from Amazon for $69.99. Gotta love that free shipping 😉
Definitely a worth while investment!!
Follow VonShef everywhere. They have so many nifty appliances!
Entire batch (5 mini bagels)
505 calories 4F 100C 28P
101 calories 1F 20C 5.6P
- 1 single serve container of plain nonfat greek yogurt (5.3oz / 150g)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (120g)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (60g)
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 sweetener packet (optional)
- dash of salt
- egg whites
- cinnamon/sugar (cinnamon/sweetener) mixture
- Mix together all ingredients
- May need to use your hands to get it completely combined
- Divide dough into 5 equal pieces
- Roll each piece into a snake shape and close ends to make a circle (bagel shape)
- Lightly coat top with egg whites
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Coat air fryer pan with nonstick spray
- Cook at 330 for 10-12 minutes (2 or 3 at a time)
- Let cool and slice!
- White flour works fine too
- Try different flavor of yogurt (must be greek)