Christmas is over. It’s now 2018!! But I am still over here eating all the peppermint treats!
I feel like peppermint is really more of a winter flavor anyhow…
And it is definitely still winter here in Pittsburgh with a high of 6 toady!
I honestly wasn’t sure how peppermint dip would work…but I was too curious not to try.
It turned out amazing!
This is not a dip you eat with fruit or veggies though…
I recommend a chocolate dipper!!
Oreos (must be the festive Christmas ones), chocolate graham crackers, or those fun little chocolate flavored animal cookies!
Even though you are dipping chocolate…the actual dip is pretty darn healthy!
No added sugar, tons of protein, and a super secret fun ingredient
If you have been following me for any amount of time you will know I love baking and cooking with beans. They pack a ton of protein and fiber and actually have a very mild taste. That means you can add them to things like dip, cookies, and brownies without worrying about a bean-y dessert!
The entire dish – 520 calories 29P 103C 6F
- * 1 cup oats ground to flour (80g)
- * 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (15g)
- * 1 cup canned white beans (drained and rinsed) (130g)
- * 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup (60ml)
- * 1/2 t vanilla
- * 5 sugar free peppermint candies
- * sweetener to taste (3-4 packets)
- 1. Grind oats to flour in blender or food processor (or use ready made oat flour)
- 2. Drain and rinse beans
- 3. Puree beans, syrup, and vanilla (add a little water if needed to blend smooth)
- 4. Add flour, protein powder, and sweetener to bean puree
- 5. Crush peppermint candies and add to mix
- 6. Serve with cookies, crackers, or pretzels!
- 7. Store in refrigerator