Salted Caramel Apple Cookies
November is here!!
People becomes obsessed with pumpkin everything this time of year. Don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin stuff, but give me caramel apple over pumpkin anytime!
Take it one step further with these Salted Caramel Apple Cookies.
The base recipe is another take on my favorite #KimHoeltjeCookies
These cookies may sound like an indulgent treat, but they are 100% guilt free!!
Hardly any sugar, no flour, gluten free, and full of “good for you” ingredients.
Secret ingredient once again is beans!
Definitely my favorite ingredient to bake with.
I use Myprotein Salted Caramel Impact Whey to keep with the theme, but you can also use Vanilla, Cinnamon, or some other crazy flavor!
Take these cookies to the next level with some caramel frosting and a dash of sea salt.
The salt is key!!
Sweet and salty for the win!
It really is the perfect Fall Cookie.
You can also skip the salt and just make cookie sandwiches!
Same wonderful (from a jar…bought it at the store) caramel frosting.
Feel free to whip up your own filling, but I got a little lazy at this point…
Eat them plain, make them sea salty, or try as cookie sandwiches!
Entire batch (8-10) plain cookies – 285 calories
2F 32C 35P
I get my Kosher Sea Salt from Wildfoods.com
“WildKim” will save you 10%
Get Salted Caramel Whey from Myprotein.com and use “KimH10” to save 10%
- 1 scoop Myprotein Salted Caramel Whey (30g)
- 1/2 cup canned white beans (120g)
- 3 T egg substitute (46g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (56g)
- 1 small apple (50g)
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking powder
- sweetener to taste (4 packets)
- Drain and rinse beans
- Puree beans, applesauce, egg, and vanilla
- Mix together everything except apple
- Cut apple into small pieces (I took off the skin)
- Mix in apple pieces
- Drop batter onto cookie sheet (use parchment paper or baking mat)
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (careful not to over bake)
- Eat plain or top with caramel frosting and sea salt!
- Try using different flavors of protein powder and fun add ins!