This recipe needs no introduction…
Peppermint & Chocolate during the Holidays is like Peanut Butter & Jelly on a normal day!
You just can’t beat it!!
I used my Chocolate Brownie recipe and just jazzed these up with some crushed, sugar free peppermint candies!
Candy canes would work too!
Or some crushed Andes Mints!!!
This is one of those “crazy” recipes where I use beans and protein powder!
That’s right! Healthy Peppermint Brownies!
If you never tried baking with beans before, don’t be scared…they make baked goods so soft, moist, and fudgy!
Not to mention the added protein and fiber.
All 6 brownies come in at only 285 calories 4F 30C 35P
That means no sharing!
Happy Healthy Holiday Baking!!
- 1 scoop MTS Chocolate whey (30g)
- 1/2 cup canned white beans (130g)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (60g)
- 3 T egg substitute (46g)
- 3 T unsweetened almond milk (46ml)
- 1/2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking powder
- sugar free peppermint candies
- sweetener to taste (4 packets)
- Drain and rinse beans
- Puree beans, pumpkin, milk, egg, and vanilla
- Stir in dry ingredients
- Coat 5 x 7 baking dish with nonstick spray (double recipe for bigger dish)
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
- Crush Peppermint candies
- Top brownies with crushed candies right when they come out of the oven
- Let cool, cut into bars, and enjoy!