I just love baking during the Holidays! There are so many fun Holiday-ish flavors to experiment with! One of my favorites is chocolate mint! MTS Nutrition just came out with a new Gourmet Mint Cookies & Cream whey and it is fabulous!
I used it to make these scrumptious Chocolate Mint Brownies!
These are the perfect chocoaltey, minty, soft brownie for the Holidays! You will need the following ingredients:
For the brownies – MTS Gourmet Mint Cookies & Cream whey, canned white beans, canned pumpkin, egg substitute, milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, baking powder, and sweetener of choice.
For the frosting – fat free cream cheese, peppermint extract, and green food coloring.
*If you don’t have mint protein powder, you can use chocolate and add peppermint extract instead of the vanilla*
First, drain and rinse your beans. You can use any white beans such as chick peas, garbanzo, great northern, navy… Then you want to puree the beans, pumpkin, egg, milk, and vanilla. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Just look at those cookie pieces from the whey! Coat a 5 x 7 baking dish with nonstick spray and pour batter in. If you want to use a bigger dish, just double the recipe!
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, they are done!
Let cool and cut into 6 bars.
These are fabulous just as is, but even better with frosting!!
So simple! Just mix together 4 tablespoons of cream cheese with 3 drops of green food coloring and a tiny bit of peppermint extract. The extract is very strong so you don’t need much!
I topped mine off with some chocolate sprinkles just for fun!
These brownies are so soft and actually very filling! They are perfect after a workout because they are packed full of protein!
I know you may be skeptical, but I promise these do not taste like pumpkin or beans! Just chocolate mint goodness!! The best part is that you can eat all 6 brownies for well under 300 calories!! Even if you frost them all, you are only looking at about 330 calories!
These are the perfect Holiday to satisfy your sweet tooth with zero guilt! Go ahead, have brownies for breakfast!
- 1 scoop MTS Gourmet Mint Cookies & Cream whey (30g)
- 1 cup canned white beans (130g)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (60g)
- 3 T egg substitute (46g)
- 3 T unsweetened almond milk (46ml)
- 1/2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking powder
- sweetener to taste (4 packets)
- 4 T fat free cream cheese (66g)
- 1/4 t peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- Drain and rinse beans
- Puree beans, pumpkin, milk, egg, and vanilla
- Stir in remaining ingredients (feel free to add some chocolate chips, Andes Mints, or crushed candy canes)
- Coat 5 x 7 baking dish with nonstick spray (double recipe for bigger dish)
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
- Eat plain or top with cream cheese frosting!
- *If you don't have mint whey, you can use chocolate and sub peppermint extract for vanilla extract*
6 Brownies without frosting – 270 calories
3F 29C 32P
6 Brownies with frosting – 330 calories
3F 33C 40P
*What is your favorite Holiday flavor?