Ok, maybe a few more words…just to emphasize how amazing these are! The secret ingredient – a Quest Bar! It makes the perfect crust! These bars are gluten free, low fat, low carb, high protein, and delicious! They also contain no flour and no added sugar. The only sugar comes from things like apples and nuts from the Quest Bar.
To make these tasty treats you will need:
A cinnamon roll Quest Bar, Quest Vanilla Milkshake protein powder, canned white beans, egg substitute, unsweetened applesauce, one small apple, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, and sweetener of choice.
You can purchase Quest Bars and Protein Powder here!
Unwrap the Quest Bar and microwave it for about 8 seconds. Be sure to use a piece of parchment paper or a microwave safe plate.
Roll the bar flat to fit your baking dish. I used a small 5 x 7 dish. If you use a bigger dish, I would recommend doubling the recipe and using two Quest Bars. Don’t worry if it doesn’t fit perfectly because the bar will expand when we bake it.
Bake the crust at 350 for 7-8 minutes. You will see how it expands to fit your dish.
While that is cooling we will get our bar batter ready. Drain and rinse your beans first. I like using great northern beans but you can also use chickpeas, garbanzo beans, navy beans, or any other white bean in a can! Puree the beans, applesauce, egg, and vanilla. You may need a little additional liquid to blend everything smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients.
Last, add some chopped apples. I removed the skin, but you can make that decision for yourself! Add the batter on top of the crust and bake at 350 for another 27-30 minutes.
It smells amazing! Like warm apple pie!
Let cool and cut into six very generous sized bars!
Share if you want, but each bar is only 78 calories! Quick math…go… that means you could eat all six for only 465 calories! Yup, that could be lunch!
They bar is soft, the crust is chewy, and the apples add some great texture! With 9 grams of protein per bar, these make a perfect little snack that won’t leave you starving minutes later.
You can get so creative with this recipe too!
Try a Chocolate Peanut Butter bar with chocolate protein and mini chocolate chips!
How about a White Chocolate Raspberry bar with vanilla protein and dried cranberries?!
Or, a Strawberry Cheesecake bar with strawberry protein and a swirl of cream cheese!!
Per bar – 78 calories
1F 11C 9P
Entire batch – 465 calories
7F 67C 52P
- 1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake protein powder (28g)
- 1 Cinnamon Roll Quest Bar
- 1/2 cup canned white beans (130g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (60g)
- 3 T egg substitute (46g)
- 1 small apple (50g)
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- sweetener to taste (2-4 packets)
- Unwrap Quest Bar and microwave for 8 seconds
- Roll bar to fit baking dish (5x7)
- Coat dish with nonstick spray and bake bar at 350 for 7-8 minutes
- Set crust aside
- Drain and rinse beans
- Puree beans, applesauce, egg, and vanilla
- Stir in powder ingredients and chopped apples
- Pour batter over crust and bake at 350 for 27-30 minutes
- Let cool and cut into 6 bars
- If using a bigger baking dish, double the recipe and use 2 Quest Bars for crust
- Experiment with different Quest Bars, protein powders, and add ins!